At The TownHouse Mykonos, we’re acutely aware of the impact of the Corona virus and Covid-19 outbreak on guests travel decisions and the need to feel ‘safe’ when staying with us.
The health of our guests and staff are of primary importance to us. This page provides current and future guests an overview of the measures we are taking to ensure your safety and wellbeing.
The TownHouse closely monitors the World Health Organisation (WHO), Centre for Disease Control (CDC) and various government agency for best practice which inform our policies and enhance operating procedures. We have implemented the following policies:-
Super ‘Clean Room’ Policy
Mary Poppins would be suitably proud of our ‘spit spot’, thorough approach to the disinfection and sanitization of rooms in addition to all hotel areas.
- Our room cleaning SOP’s comply with EODY COVID-19 instructions.
- All bedrooms (and public areas) are heavily sanitized using specific products from Dettol, Lysol, Johnson & Johnson or similar. This takes place prior to arrival.
- Once bedrooms have undergone a ‘deep sanitization’ they are sealed ensuring you are the only and first people to enter.
- High Touch Point areas in bedrooms and throughout the hotel have been identified and are regularly sanitized. These include but are not limited to: door handles, buttons, rails, front desk; counter tops, room keys, bar areas, tables and all communal areas.
- Decluttered rooms reduce risk of transmission.
- On Request Cleaning – It is our hotel standard to clean rooms daily and change linen every two days and offer a turn down service. During these exceptional circumstances we will only deep clean rooms and change linen on request. In either case we will then re-seal the room so you know this has taken place.
- Our Mini Bars are sanitized before arrival and will continue to be fully stocked. Kindly note after the initial stock we will only refresh the mini bar on request and we will need to take a stock take for billing purposes before departure.
Staff Hygiene & PPE
- All staff members are required to follow official advice regarding the adoption of personal protective equipment (PPE) by wearing masks.
- All staff members are required to wash and sanitize their hands frequently
- We provide antibacterial liquid and sanitizers throughout the hotel for guest use
- We do not shake hands, or make any kind of physical contact, with guests or colleagues (this is recommended best practice, to prevent COVID-19 from spreading). This is a little alien to us, as being a luxury boutique hotel we believe personalization is incredibly important. We will do our best to ensure our teams personalities continue to shine though.
- PPE equipment for guests is available on request.
- Our Kitchen operate in accordance with HACCP rules and regulations.
- All high frequency public touch points are frequently sanitized
- Sunbed towels are replaced and Sunbeds sanitized after each use
- Buffet Breakfast or ‘a la carte’ breakfasts are available (depending on the hotels occupancy) Breakfast is served on our terraces. If you have booked the ‘Night Owl’ (room only) rate you may add breakfast to your stay at an additional per person fee.
- Restrictions have been put in place throughout the hotel to ensure a degree of social distancing is maintained.
- The number of tables available in the hotel for guests to have drinks etc. have been reduced, in line with official guidance. This includes our 54 Cocktail Bar capacity which has been curtailed to ensure your safety, consequently we would recommend you do reserve a spot if you fancy a cocktail with us – hotel guests are always given priority;
- Similar restrictions apply at the Sky Bar where our roof top sunbeds are set up to provide for social distancing – again please do reserve a bed in advance where possible.
- Best practice restrictions also apply at Pump Gym;
- Please speak to reception to discuss making any necessary reservations.